1. If an officer believes you are driving under the influence:
a.) you can refuse to be tested for the presence of alcohol or drugs.
b.) you can refuse to be tested only if it is your first offense.
c.) you cannot refuse to be tested for the presence of alcohol or drugs.
d.) none of the above.
2. When can a motorcycle operator use a complete traffic lane?
a.) only on rural highways.
b.) only on city streets.
c.) on all highway and streets where motorcycles are allowed.
d.) never, they have to share a lane.
3. When sharing the road with commercial vehicles such as tractor-trailer rigs and buses, you need to:
a.) understand it takes more time and space for them to slow down and
b.) remember that commercial vehicles have substantial blind spots.
c.) signal for turns or lane changes well in advance.
d.) all of the above.
4. The major cause of traffic accidents in Nevada is:
b.) failure to yield right-of-way.
c.) following too closely.
d.) driving under the influence.
5. When you hear the siren or see the flashing lights of an emergency vehicle, you must:
a.) slow down until it passes you.
b.) drive to the right side of the road and stop.
c.) motion the emergency vehicle to pass you.
d.) continue at the same speed, but pull to the right.
6. Stopping distances on slippery roads are:
a.) about the same as on dry pavement.
b.) a little less than on dry pavement.
c.) 2 to 10 times greater than on dry pavement.
d.) none of the above.
7. You may use a center turn lane:
a.) as a travel lane to pass other vehicles.
b.) to make a left turn into another street, road, or driveway.
c.) to make a right turn onto another street, road, or highway.
d.) all of the above
8. Pedestrians in crosswalks and at intersections have the right-of-way over vehicles.
9. A flashing red traffic light:
a.) means stop until the light turns green.
b.) means slow down and proceed with caution.
c.) has the same meaning as a stop sign.
d.) warns you to clear the intersection.
10. You should buckle your seat belt and make sure your passengers do too:
a.) when its raining or snowing.
b.) when you are getting ready to drive, before you start the engine.
c.) when a police officer stops you.
d.) only when youre going on a long trip.
1. c.) you cannot refuse to be tested for the presence of alcohol or drugs.
2. c.) on all highway and streets where motorcycles are allowed.
3. d.) all of the above.
4. b.) failure to yield right-of-way.
5. b.) drive to the right side of the road and stop.
6. c.) 2 to 10 times greater than on dry pavement.
7. b.) to make a left turn into or from another street, road, or driveway.
8. a.) true
9. c.) has the same meaning as a stop sign.
10. b.) when you are getting ready to drive, before you start the engine.
Thank you for taking our sample quiz. The actual Nevada Driver License test has 50 questions, and you must answer 40 correctly to pass.
Links & Handbooks
|Driver Handbooks (PDF Format)|
|English | Español | Motorcycle|
|Non-Commercial Study Guide|
|Class A & B, J Endorsement|
|Full Handbook | Hazardous Materials|