The Elko Motor Carrier counter will be closed:

Please contact for any questions.

Electronic Plate Surrenders

Motor Carrier is now offering electronic plate surrenders:

  1. Complete the Credential Return Receipt (MC 021) and take a clear picture or scan it.
  2. Take a picture or scan the cab card you want to surrender.
  3. Take a picture of the plate you want to surrender.
  4. Make sure you are emailing from the email address that is on your Motor Carrier account.
  5. Send all of the above together to

If these criteria are not met, your plates may not be surrendered. Electronic plate surrenders are for Motor Carrier plates only and we will not surrender regular DMV plates or registrations. Your documents will be processed in the order received.


Submit your name, phone number, email address and which transaction you would like the appointment for. We will respond with your appointment time or if any additional information is needed.

We do not accept walk-in customers for any Motor Carrier services.

North Las Vegas 


Visit our new CDL/Motor Carrier office at 890 Trademark Drive in Reno. Get Map. The Greg Street office is permanently closed.


Transactions that cannot be handled in these offices will be referred to

You may also mail or fax documents:

DMV Motor Carrier Division
555 Wright Way
Carson City, NV 89711-0600
Fax: (775) 684-4619

If your account is currently handled through a third party service provider, please contact them directly for information. Third party providers are not affiliated with DMV and fees may apply.

See also FMCSA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information & Resources.